Lead contamination is at the forefront of our mind these days, and it should be.
According to the New York Times:
The Environmental Protection Agency says streams tapped by water utilities serving a third of the population are not yet covered by clean-water laws that limit levels of toxic pollutants.
- Failure to properly test water
- Failure to report contamination
- Failure to treat water properly
However with any health crisis, it’s important to know and understand the facts, and fortunately the facts are easy to find with a water test.
If you suspect or are concerned that you have lead present in your water, here’s what to do:
- Get your water tested. Contact us at Culligan of Dallas and we’ll test your water for free.
- If lead is detected, we’ll send your water to our EPA-certified laboratory to test for a more detailed analysis.
- We’ll help you interpret your results so you can make an educated decision about what to do next.
Which Water Treatment System Do You Need to Remove Lead?
If you have lead present in your water the best way to treat it is with reverse osmosis. A Culligan Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System reduces lead by an average of 98.7% so you can feel confident in trusting Culligan with your family’s drinking water.
If you’re not sure if you should get your water tested, here are a few red flags:
- Appearance – Water has a brown or red tint or has started staining sinks and fixtures.
- Odor – Water smells dirty, metallic, or has any noticeable odor.
- Taste – Water tastes metallic, dirty, or “off” in any way.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about why lead leaches into water, its health effects, or how to treat it, we’re happy to discuss this with you.
Local Customer Reviews
I'm very happy and the water is great. The installation looks very good, the guys did a nice job. The cost is reasonable compared to purchasing the home depot system and everything needed to install. I strive to do business with long time reputable companies like Culligan and rarely have any disappointments....more
I'm very happy and the water is great. The installation looks very good, the guys did a nice job. The cost is reasonable compared to purchasing the home depot system and everything needed to install. I strive to do business with long time reputable companies like Culligan and rarely have any disappointments. Please thank everyone on your staff including you Detective Mike Malone.
I wanted to let you know how very pleased my husband and I were with our Culligan service call by Dakota. He was professional, kind, and informative... We will always want him on future systems checks. Thank you very much for having such responsible people on your staff.
We are very satisfy with the system. The service reps are very friendly and explain every question we have.
I am very happy with Culligan's service. Water tastes great, friendly staff, and I am glad I switched to Culligan water service.
I'm very happy with my service that I have received. Light went out on water spicket & Culligan was very quick to get it fixed.