Lead contamination is at the forefront of our mind these days, and it should be.
According to the New York Times:
The Environmental Protection Agency says streams tapped by water utilities serving a third of the population are not yet covered by clean-water laws that limit levels of toxic pollutants.
- Failure to properly test water
- Failure to report contamination
- Failure to treat water properly
However with any health crisis, it’s important to know and understand the facts, and fortunately the facts are easy to find with a water test.
If you suspect or are concerned that you have lead present in your water, here’s what to do:
- Get your water tested. Contact us at Culligan of Dallas and we’ll test your water for free.
- If lead is detected, we’ll send your water to our EPA-certified laboratory to test for a more detailed analysis.
- We’ll help you interpret your results so you can make an educated decision about what to do next.
If you have lead present in your water the best way to treat it is with reverse osmosis. A Culligan Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System reduces lead by 98.1% so you can feel confident in trusting Culligan with your family’s drinking water.
If you’re not sure if you should get your water tested, here are a few red flags:
- Appearance – Water has a brown or red tint or has started staining sinks and fixtures.
- Odor – Water smells dirty, metallic, or has any noticeable odor.
- Taste – Water tastes metallic, dirty, or “off” in any way.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about why lead leaches into water, its health effects, or how to treat it, we’re happy to discuss this with you.
Local Customer Reviews
Dakota was absolutely wonderful. He took his time, explained the issue and was very polite.
So far we love our Culligan system, especially the under sink filtration system. It's so convenient to have better than bottled-water quality water coming from the tap. The Culligan company has also been good in that when the Culligan water softener was installed in March, and two bushes died after they had to move them during installation,...more
So far we love our Culligan system, especially the under sink filtration system. It's so convenient to have better than bottled-water quality water coming from the tap. The Culligan company has also been good in that when the Culligan water softener was installed in March, and two bushes died after they had to move them during installation, they paid for the replacement of those bushes.
I have had my RO system for about a month and am satisfied with the product. The installation was quick and easy, and everyone I have had contact with has been professional and helpful!
We are very satisfy with the system. The service reps are very friendly and explain every question we have.
We are satisfied with the service Juan Lopez gave on December 8, 2015. He was very courteous, thorough, and efficient. We hope we get him again the next time we need our system serviced.