Lead contamination is at the forefront of our mind these days, and it should be.
According to the New York Times:
The Environmental Protection Agency says streams tapped by water utilities serving a third of the population are not yet covered by clean-water laws that limit levels of toxic pollutants.
- Failure to properly test water
- Failure to report contamination
- Failure to treat water properly
However with any health crisis, it’s important to know and understand the facts, and fortunately the facts are easy to find with a water test.
If you suspect or are concerned that you have lead present in your water, here’s what to do:
- Get your water tested. Contact us at Culligan of Dallas and we’ll test your water for free.
- If lead is detected, we’ll send your water to our EPA-certified laboratory to test for a more detailed analysis.
- We’ll help you interpret your results so you can make an educated decision about what to do next.
Which Water Treatment System Do You Need to Remove Lead?
If you have lead present in your water the best way to treat it is with reverse osmosis. A Culligan Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System reduces lead by an average of 98.7% so you can feel confident in trusting Culligan with your family’s drinking water.
If you’re not sure if you should get your water tested, here are a few red flags:
- Appearance – Water has a brown or red tint or has started staining sinks and fixtures.
- Odor – Water smells dirty, metallic, or has any noticeable odor.
- Taste – Water tastes metallic, dirty, or “off” in any way.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about why lead leaches into water, its health effects, or how to treat it, we’re happy to discuss this with you.
Local Customer Reviews
Dakota was absolutely wonderful. He took his time, explained the issue and was very polite.
Thank you for sending Juan Lopez to our home for the service call of installing a new system in our new home! He is a top notch person with a wonderful servants heart! Thanks again!
This system is as advertised. We are happy that what has been promised has been delivered. Our clothes have remained more colorful, there hasn't been any build up of calcium or water spots, and the taste of our water is much improved. I am additionally impressed that Culligan sent a follow up rep,...more
This system is as advertised. We are happy that what has been promised has been delivered. Our clothes have remained more colorful, there hasn't been any build up of calcium or water spots, and the taste of our water is much improved. I am additionally impressed that Culligan sent a follow up rep, Thomas Kulpa, to make sure we were satisfied and that the system is working properly. The patience and knowledge he displayed was very helpful.
Mr Mitch Brown was very much helpful in delivering and storing water bottels at our place. He has friendly working nature and helps us in right time delivering bottels.
Thanks for the service
Before Culligan water we had very hard water and after Culligan our health become better. I highly recommend Culligan water.